Meet our Team
Jonathan has a deep knowledge about building development languages and has a profound understanding of programming paradigms and best practices.
- Software Architecture
- Compilers and runtime environments
A meeting with management to help them understand how to apply Domain Driven Design and get business value from it. Implementing type-driven optimizations in a compiler. Delivering a class on software architecture, helping students to grasp and understand new concepts.
It's all in a typical week's work for Jonathan!
Whether it's architecting, coding, teaching or mentoring, Jonathan is at home. He has an eye for elegance and simplicity, and loves to take something that seems difficult, get to the heart of the complexity and make an easy to understand solution. At Edument, Jonathan spends his time teaching, helping clients to tackle complexity in their software development and delivering solutions to some of their trickiest implementation challenges.
A consultant since 2006, Jonathan is also a very active open source contributor, and a popular speaker at a range of international workshops and conferences.
Specific competence areas
- .Net Framework (including ASP.Net)
- Compiler and runtime environment design and implementation
- Higher order programming techniques
- Object orientation and meta-models
- Web development
- Web security
- Version control with Git
- Consultant for TN DataKonsult AB
- Core developer on the Rakudo Perl 6 Compiler
- Lead developer at Programmer’s Heaven (development site)
- Lead developer for WallCreate (online canvas art specialist)
- Microsoft Professional Developer
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- First class honors degree in Computer Science from the University of Cambridge.
Teacher for courses
News & feeds
New office in Gothenburg
We are now opening a new office in GothenburgRead more >
Now we launch Beginning ASP.NET Core
In 2016 Microsoft released the ASP.NET Core Platform, but it was shaky. Not until May 2018, with the release of version 2.1, did the platform become stable. Now is the time to invest knowledge in it, and therefore we release the course Beginning ASP.NET Core.Read more >
Now we launch Comma
Now we are launching the beta version of Comma, an IDE for Perl 6 developers that will streamline their work.Read more >
Our view of Vue