Meet our Team
Jonathan has a deep knowledge about building development languages and has a profound understanding of programming paradigms and best practices.
- Software Architecture
- Compilers and runtime environments
A meeting with management to help them understand how to apply Domain Driven Design and get business value from it. Implementing type-driven optimizations in a compiler. Delivering a class on software architecture, helping students to grasp and understand new concepts.
It's all in a typical week's work for Jonathan!
Whether it's architecting, coding, teaching or mentoring, Jonathan is at home. He has an eye for elegance and simplicity, and loves to take something that seems difficult, get to the heart of the complexity and make an easy to understand solution. At Edument, Jonathan spends his time teaching, helping clients to tackle complexity in their software development and delivering solutions to some of their trickiest implementation challenges.
A consultant since 2006, Jonathan is also a very active open source contributor, and a popular speaker at a range of international workshops and conferences.
Specific competence areas
- .Net Framework (including ASP.Net)
- Compiler and runtime environment design and implementation
- Higher order programming techniques
- Object orientation and meta-models
- Web development
- Web security
- Version control with Git
- Consultant for TN DataKonsult AB
- Core developer on the Rakudo Perl 6 Compiler
- Lead developer at Programmer’s Heaven (development site)
- Lead developer for WallCreate (online canvas art specialist)
- Microsoft Professional Developer
- Microsoft Certified Trainer
- First class honors degree in Computer Science from the University of Cambridge.
Teacher for courses
News & feeds
CSS selectors are evil and JS is the solution
A pragmatic demonstration of the drawbacks with CSS selectors, and how inline styles through JS solves these problemsRead more >
Top 5 Podcasts during Christmas
We at Edument would like to thank you for this year and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with our top 5 Podcasts list!Read more >
Invariants hidden in callbacks
Callbacks might look simple and innocent, but they can be dangerous!Read more >
What it means to boldly go where you have never been beforeRead more >
How to create a course
I’ve always admired my colleagues work they’ve put into creating great and rewarding courses, I imagined it was a challenging and time-consuming task. I can see the meaning of that now, because all of a sudden I am developing a course.Read more >