This course will present you with some advanced concepts in Java.
From string manipulation using regular expressions, through threading to exception handling, among others.
We will look at these concepts and give you examples and with excercises give you a good start to begin using these techniques.
Developers with a couple of years' experience of Java, who want to delve deeper into the language.
You should have taken *Beginning Java*, or have corresponding knowledge.
What you will learn
- Java recap
- We repeat the basics of the Java language
- We take a closer look at generics in Java
- Generic classes
- Generic methods
- String Manipulation
- We take a look at advanced string manipulation
- The String classes
- Boxing/Unboxing, Enums och Nested Classes
- We take a look at these basic concepts of Java
- Regular Expressions
- We take a look at the RegEx language and how it is used in Java
- How to use exception handling
- Best practices
- What is XML
- Parsing XML
- Manipulating XML using DOM
- We explain the concept of Threads
- The Thread pool
- The basics of annotations
- Creating annotations
- Lambda expressions (Java 8)
- From method to lambda
- The lambda syntax
- Functional interfaces