Beginning ASP.NET Core
This course will give your ASP.NET Core development a solid start - in the right direction! It picks out and explains the things you need to know in order to use the framework effectively and develop testable solutions. While the course has a focus on practical skills, it also takes the time to explain important underlying concepts, including how HTTP works, the MVC design pattern, the TDD workflow and dependency inversion.
In this course we are using ASP.NET Core version 2.2.
.NET Developers who want to learn how to develop web applications using MVC and TDD.
- How the web works: HTTP, servers, clients, statelessness
Introduction to ASP.NET Core
- .NET core
- ASP.NET vs ASP.NET Core
- A little history: ASP.NET WebForms, other approaches
The request pipeline
- Static content
Introduction to MVC
- The MVC pattern: models, views and controllers
- Creating an ASP.NET MVC web application
- Our first controller and view
- Adding a basic model
- Convention over configuration
- What is Test Driven Development?
- Introduction to xUnit
- Writing our first controller test
- Test explorer
- The relationship between routes and controllers
- Adding more routes
- Routes and linking
- Examining the request lifecycle
- Route constraints
- What is DI, and why does it matter?
- Refactoring towards DI
- Testing using hand-crafted stub objects
- The built in DI-container
- Mocking with NSubstitute
The Razor View Engine
- The Razor approach
- Loops and conditionals
- Built-in helpers
- Tag helpers
- Partial views
- View Components
- Adding a form and posting to a controller
- Parameter binding
- Model binding
- Forms and testing
Linking to a Database
- Entity Framework Core
- Database first
- Code first
- Testable approaches to data access
- Repository pattern
- Client-side vs. server-side validation
- Validation annotations
- Custom validation
- Validation and testing
- Introduction to JSON
- What is a RESTful service?
- Writing API controllers
- Attribute routing
- Model binding and validation
- The web is a dangerous place
- SQL Injection
Introduction to Razor pages
- MVC vs Razor pages
- Model binding
Exploring the non-nullable type warnings in C# 8Read more
C# 8 will bring us many new exciting features
Course update: .NET Core 3.x and C# 8Read more
.NET Core 3.0 and C# 8 will be released at the end of September, of course we keep our courses up to date.
How to install RavenDB on a VM in Azure (step-by-step, part 1)Read more
This is a guide for you who want to work with document databases. I describe how I got RavenDB to work on a regular Windows Server 16 virtual machine which in turn runs in the Azure cloud.
How to install RavenDB on a VM in Azure (step-by-step, part 2)Read more
A guide in three parts, this is the second part.
How to install RavenDB on a VM in Azure (step-by-step, part 3)Read more
This is a guide in three parts. In this third part, we show how you import a certificate.
Contact us for details+46 40 61 70 720
All prices excluding VAT